This is a good time to pause and 'reflect' on a few things...like in this poem that has been in the nursery at church for as long as I can remember, but I never really read it till a couple months ago...good things to ponder on a regular basis!
ReflectionsIf I could Start over I would...
* have more realistic expectations for myself.
* learn to say, 'this too shall pass.'
* make a point of enjoying every stage of life.
* cherish every friendship.
* put less emphasis on material things.
* refuse to take my own transient feelings so seriously.
* worry less about failure.
* spend less time wondering about other people's opinions of me.
* talk less.
* say 'I Love You' more often.
* fret less about the future.
* smile more.
* memorize more scripture.
* be more observant to the beauty God has put in the world around me.
* work harder at understanding how other people feel and think.
* be less critical of others.
* learn to laugh at myself more easily.
* be freer with my praise.
* put a higher premium on integrity.
* work for more consistency in practicing the Word of God.
* make fewer excuses and take more responsibility for my own success and happiness.
* put a higher value on every opportunity to learn and grow.
* complain less.
* tell the Lord more often how thankful I am that He chose me and that He loves me and that His plans for me are beyond my fondest dreams.
Take ye heed, watch and pray:
for ye know not when the time is.